List Price: $76.85
Sale Price: $76.85
(as of 04/27/2016 08:23 UTC)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product..
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Free Shipping: unspecified
Kombo butter or Kombo oil is developed from the seeds of a tropical tree Pycnanthus angolensis ( African nutmeg). Known as \"otie\" by the Akans in Ghana, the Kombo trees attain 120 feet in height, expanding in Central and West Africa. The kernel nut shell surrounds a red mace, with equivalent taste of nutmeg, but sweeter and a lot more delicate taste. When added to meals provides it a vivid orange color. The seeds, somewhat resemble individuals of nutmeg (Myristica fragrans Houtt.), are surrounded by a red mace - the aril of the nutmeg seed shell rich in magnesium, copper, manganese phosphorus, calcium and chromium as properly as niacin, riboflavin, thiamine and carotene. Making use of a rudimentary mechanical pressing approach, the seeds are pressed along with the mace yielding a brown to reddish brown dense oil identified as \'Kombo butter\'.
- Kombo butter reduces and controls skin natural oils production; + It is and effective wound healer - speeds cicatrization helping to avoid scars and post-acne marks + It is extraordinary for balms and unguents to relieve arthritis pains and swelling caused by inflammation, lack of bone density, muscle and joint pain of any origin. + Kombo butter also can be used formulation both as an active ingredient and an emulsion stabilizer.
- Kombo nut comprises about 75 % of trimyristin - a myristic acid derivative which is used in the treatment of arthritis, various joint and muscle ailments, has strong anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties and it is effective in the treatment several inflammatory diseases AND Decorin a protein known for its ability to regulate the production of collagen improving the condition and appearance of the skin as well as stimulates the healing process of muscles injuries.
- Kombo butter or Kombo oil is produced from the seeds of a tropical tree Pycnanthus angolensis ( African nutmeg). Called "otie" by the Akans in Ghana, the Kombo trees reach 120 feet in height, growing in Central and West Africa. The kernel nut shell surrounds a red mace, with similar taste of nutmeg, but sweeter and more delicate taste. When added to food gives it a bright orange color. The seeds, somewhat resemble those of nutmeg (Myristica fragrans Houtt.), are surrounded by a red mace - the aril of the nutmeg seed shell rich in magnesium, copper, manganese phosphorus, calcium and chromium as well as niacin, riboflavin, thiamine and carotene. Using a rudimentary mechanical pressing technique, the seeds are pressed along with the mace yielding a brown to reddish brown dense oil known as 'Kombo butter'.
- Scientifically Kombo Butter is used as anti-inflammatory and a pain reliever for the management of arthritis, general body pains. European cosmetic industries has discover and have been using Kombo Butter in formulations of several high end skin care products. + Kombo butter has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, regenerating, anti-fungal and antiseptic properties; + Improves lipid metabolism and stimulates the production of collagen; + Its strong antiseptic properties: It is a great addition soaps, pomade and deodorants intended to neutralize body odor; + Its anti-inflammatory properties makes an great addition to formulations intended to fight acne and various skin infections of sensitive, allergic skin.
- Our Kombo butter comes from Eastern and Central regions of Ghana where it is processed by predominantly women groups, providing sustainable economic opportunities for resource-poor communities. Color/Scent: Dark Brown / Earthy, Nutmeg, burned chocolate; Packaging: White plastic jar /// Attribute: Cold Pressed/ Unrefined/Organic; Shelf Life: 1 year AP // Melting point: 35C/95F. Do not heat above 45C/104F as it will burn the oil Texture: Jelly/Jam at room temperature / harder at cooler temperature; Please, contact us if you have any questions about our Kombo Butter.